TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Foreign Trade Policy 20232. Revamped Credit Guarantee Scheme for Micro & Small Enterprises3. Sagar Setu Mobile App4. Joint Defence Cooperation Committee meeting between India & Philippines
Syllabus: GS 2, International Relations.
Mains: Foreign Trade Policy of India 2023.
Prelims: Foreign Trade Policy 2023.
Context: India’s Foreign Trade Policy of 2023 was announced.
- India’s Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2023 was launched by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal.
- It is a dynamic and open-ended policy to accommodate emerging needs.
- Notably, India’s overall exports (including services and merchandise exports) crossed US$ 750 Billion. It is expected to reach US$ 760 Billion in 2023.
Foreign Trade Policy 2023:
- It is a policy document based on the continuity of time-tested schemes.
- It emphasizes the principles of ‘trust’ and ‘partnership’ with exporters.
- The policy aims at process re-engineering …